Will A Home Security System Work In Boston?
If you’re similar to a lot of property owners, you need your property to be secure at all times. but, will a home security system work in Boston?
The quick answer: yes. But you need to pick the best devices to find the most from your system. Not only can the alarms and sensors give superior protection, the modern components give a level of convenience and management you might not have thought about previously. By using home automation, surveillance, and easy-to-use tools through a mobile app, you can make your time [[easier|simpler] and more secure while also saving money on energy expenses.
Let's take a minute and explore why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is the best idea for your house.
Indispensable Security Features
So you can ensure your Boston home security system works to its potential, you have to get these essential home security devices:
- Entryway sensors: You may find this weird, but most thieves break into your home by the front door. The other most recurrent targets are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these reasons, window and door sensors are designated the base of your home security system. When the system is live and your sensors are triggered, the loud, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your 24/7 monitoring experts will be contacted.
- Touchscreen command center: Get rid of those confusing pin pads, as state-of-the-art touch screens now manage your entire system. These screens can also control your smart home components, home security cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- phone app: The biggest home security system allow you direct every aspect of your security system through a mobile app. Now if an alarm or sensor senses something unusual, you will receive an instant alert to your phone. Also, activate your motion alarms anywhere, program smart door locks, arise and lower the thermostat and more.
- ADT signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in a small, blue yard sign or a window cling, these will alert a would-be thief that your home is secure.
Does A Security System Keep You More Secure In Boston?
While it may appear like pearl-clutching to install sensors and download a smartphone app when you already have locks and chose a nice town, the studies say that an alarm system will help protect your property. For example, a study from Rutger University sees that many thieves will actively steer clear of houses with an alarm system installed. They’ll instead go and target a better mark that is unprotected.
That correlated with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. They state that most burglarized homes don’t have a security system. In other words, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than properties that are protected. And while displaying that your home is protected helps prevent forceful entry, other items -- like smart lights and doorbell cameras -- can also raise your home security.
Of course, ADT security systems can do much more than ring an siren. Now you can use some needed services that make a security system safer and energy efficient.
24-hour Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a security system work in Boston when they don’t have round-the-clock monitoring? Using a backup plan is always the best ideas and round-the-clock monitoring from ADT agents can make sure the police or fire get there quicker after a triggered device.
Monitoring agents can watch your alarms no matter what time it is -- whether you are there or not. If you’re don’t hear an alarm, the monitoring agents get a hold of you and the emergency agency after a tripped alarm event. Even if you’re in the house, you won't have to worry about contacting the authorities and make sure kids and animal are all wrangled up.
Install Similar Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, and Medical Emergencies
When you order your home security, you can choose to install more than motion detectors. devices like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be added to your overall home defense. If an disaster is detected, your devices will trigger just like your door and window alarms. Then when the loud bell goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts are pinged, and a notification will show up on your mobile device.
You can even order a panic button, which can be easily attached to you or a loved one via a pendant, wrist band, or a clothing clip. If there is a fall incident or a medical risk, they can simply hit a two-finger button to contact the monitoring team.
Add Security, Convenience And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
The best automation devices bring you a level of management and comfort you’ve never got before. They will make your house more energy-efficient and reactive. And when you pair home automation to your security system, they can also make your property much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart bulbs to make it feel that your house is occupied when you’re at work.
- Have your hall smart bulbs come on whenever a doorbell camera sees unusual motion.
- Use geofencing to bolt your doors, flip off your lights, and lower the thermostat when you go to work.
- Create custom scenes so you can pre-set your lighting, smart thermostat, sensors, and other components with a single tap of a button.
- Or simply check on all your devices and control your devices with your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll conserve with automation, and you’ll realize how much you will want a smart security system in Boston. You will also be able to direct your system with vocal commands when you link your home security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Maintain A Watch On Your House With Smart Video Surveillance
Signs, decals, and smart lights are effective intrusion obstructions, but video surveillance can take your security to a higher plane. The worst thing an intruder is looking for is to be seen on camera as the clip may be used against them in a criminal case. You can pick from outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you need to investigate the commotion you heard outside? Would you need to check on the kids after school? Has your package been delivered yet? All you have to do is to open the live feed from your mobile app. You could also receive alerts on your phone whenever a guest approaches or they detects abnormal motion. If you choose, you can talk with guests with the 2-way talk feature on the app.
How To Find Your Security System In Boston?
Need help in creating a home security system that works in Boston? Our ADT professionals will help you choose the best alarms, home automation, and cameras that can be used into one affordable plan. Contact us right now at (617) 430-5865 or complete the form below.