Today's smart security installations are getting increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to neglect to do easy security duties like activating your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to worry about these things ever again? When you implement geofencing in Boston, you can just leave the house and have your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Boston For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. The technology then uses your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements utilize to communicate with other connected equipment. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by centralizing all elements onto a single network. You are then able to set up a virtual “fence” around your home and program particular actions when you cross the prearranged border line.
For example, when you pull away from your property, you can instruct your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your temperature settings.
Below are a handful of the components you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices like TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your property’s security system in Boston. With the security app, you can reap the benefits of home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you can:
● Program schedules: program your smart devices to operate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to lower to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make specific devices come alive based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if a smoke detector trips. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your doorbell camera detects abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Design custom room scenes with components that all act in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the A/C go down, and the locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Boston
Whether you desire extra certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our representatives today at (617) 430-5865 or complete the form on this page to begin customizing your perfect security system.