How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Boston
Security cameras can solely be placed as a hindrance—something that notifies burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Luckily, modern security cameras are armed with a plethora of additions all built to enable total protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording options or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these additions empower you to have the most from home security cameras in Boston.
How To Set Up Your Boston Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is placing your devices in the proper spots around your house. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart idea to install a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear view of your porch, driveway, and yards, garage, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations within your interior that are less imperative to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom could reduce your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the beginning in utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in Boston. The features described below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your smart device anytime strange motion is detected. You can also set cameras to automatically start recording when activity is detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your security cameras to film and store clips for easy viewing later.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with people with the camera. Via ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a security camera can see, and gives you a more complete view of an area. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date alerts when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Boston is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system can go from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (617) 430-5865 or submit the form below to begin building your security system today.