Should You Use Wireless Home Security Systems In Boston?
There was a time not long ago when wired components were your only choice when installing a home security system. Forget positioning a security camera on a countertop or managing your system with a cell phone. But, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the incorporation of wireless technology. You now have a wealth of extra perks to experience -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and quicker installations. Wireless home security systems in Boston will safeguard your home while making your life more convenient.
Important Considerations When Going Wireless
If you wish to enjoy everything wireless security has to offer, you have to have a proper internet connection. If you have reliable high-performance internet and a decent wireless router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you have concerns about an internet or power outage, look for systems that have battery and cellular backups in place to sustain the link to your monitoring team without interruption.
If you make your home in a rural setting without reliable cellular or internet access, a wired system will likely be a wiser option. Or It could also make more sense from a financial standpoint to opt for a wired installation if you relocate to a residence that already has wiring connected.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Boston will elevate your family’s protection, which is the primary goal to begin with. But, if you prefer the idea of having the most current tech, consider these advantages of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to everything in your residence from your locks to your thermostat from the palm of your hand using the ADT Control app. You are able to see camera footage, activate your connected lights, and even activate your alarm system in the event you didn’t remember to do so. When an intrusion or emergency takes place, you are able to have alerts sent straight to your phone.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about all the messy wiring, damage to drywall, and time-consuming installs. One of the best aspects of wireless devices is that you can install them virtually in any location and with little time or effort. If you want to update sometime in the future with new equipment, incorporating devices into your configuration is simple.
- Interactions between components: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions possible with quick, bi-directional communications. You may direct your system to take action in specified scenarios to increase your protection and deter intrusions. For example, if your outdoor surveillance discovers odd movement along your home’s perimeter, it is able to instantly signal your entryway lights to engage.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Boston
Even though wireless home security systems in Boston have proven to be dependable, it’s only natural if you are a little hesitant about installing one. The following are some of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless elements may fail when the battery dies. However, your smart devices will notify you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors typically should be positioned within a certain distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to boost your versatility.
- Like all types of internet-connected networks, the fear of being hacked exists. The good news is that you can take steps to greatly reduce the risk by using hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only employ security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Are you ready to reap the benefits of the current advancements in Boston wireless home security? Contact us at (617) 430-5865 to speak with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the most suitable package for your home.